Disgraced convicted felon and U.S. Republican presidential nominee – Donald Trump – has agreed to an offer from Fox News to hold a debate with Democratic U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris on September 4, he said in a post on Truth Social late on Friday.
“I have agreed with Fox News to debate Kamala Harris on Wednesday, September 4th. The Debate was previously scheduled against Sleepy Joe Biden on ABC, but has been terminated in that Biden will no longer be a participant, and I am in litigation against ABC Network and George Slopadopoulos, thereby creating a conflict of interest.” Trump said in his post.
“The Fox News Debate will be held in the Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, at a site in an area to be determined,” he continued. “The Moderators of the Debate will be Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum, and the Rules will be similar to the Rules of my Debate with Sleepy Joe, who has been treated horribly by his Party – BUT WITH A FULL ARENA AUDIENCE!….”
His original post was deleted for a few minutes before being reposted, with Trump deleting his proposal for a “major” town hall gathering on the same date if Harris was “unwilling or unable to debate.”
Harris had previously responded last month that she was “ready” after Fox News proposed the presidential debate between the two candidates on September 17.
Meanwhile, Trump and Harris have kicked off an ad war targeting each other in key battleground states, with Harris launching a $50 million three-week ad blitz ahead of the Democratic National Convention while Trump has reserved $12 million worth of airtime across Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, Arizona, Nevada and Wisconsin, according to AP News.
https://t.co/xTLWp3Gj35 pic.twitter.com/Xi95CMLZ23
— Kamala HQ (@KamalaHQ) August 3, 2024
It’s interesting how “any time, any place” becomes “one specific time, one specific safe space.”
I’ll be there on September 10th, like he agreed to. I hope to see him there. https://t.co/zqng89X8QD
— Kamala Harris (@KamalaHarris) August 3, 2024