May24 , 2026

    Obsession’s Inde Navarrette Is Avoiding Social Media Amid Sudden Fame

    Related

    Share


    Credit: Getty

    Inde Navarrette is not looking at too much feedback on social media for now.

    The 25-year-old Obsession actress, who is getting a ton of critical acclaim for her portrayal of Nikki in the runaway hit indie horror movie, recently spoke out about her relationship with the Internet amid the surge of attention.

    Inde Navarrette says she is mostly staying off social media

    Inde says to People that she and her mom have been “limiting the amount of things that I’m allowed to see just for right now, because it’s a beginning of a new process and a new step in my career and I really want to make sure that I’m protecting myself first, while also giving thanks to everybody who loves the movie.”

    She only sees posts sent by family and her team

    She is also not “seeing anything on social media unless it’s being sent to me by a family member or my team. And then also just whatever I get in person, then it allows me to physically see that person, receive what they’re saying and to say ‘thank you’ to them directly.”

    Inde Navarrette reflects on pushing herself creatively

    “Obviously it just makes me feel really proud because I put everything that I possibly could into this character. was just remembering… Screw it. There’s this quote: ‘To get something you’ve never had, you have to do something you’ve never done.’ And I knew that I wanted to break out of the past roles that I had been doing. I knew I was going to do everything humanly possible and I was going to have so much fun while doing it because there’s just so many aspects to being a person and being a girl and everything that you don’t get to show. And I was like, ‘You’re going to see it.,’” she said to People about her performance in the hit film.

    Obsession continues to be a hit, and it’s setting new records.

    There’s especially praise for Inde, with multiple outlets calling for her performance to get awards attention and deeming it “genuinely Oscar worthy.”

    The Curry Barker-helmed horror movie set a new record by May 18, becoming the cheapest movie to top the box office in 17 years since 2009’s Paranormal Activity. Get more details.

    Posted To:Inde Navarrette Obsession Social Media



    Source link