April4 , 2025

      ‘House of the Dragon’ Boss Says George R.R. Martin Criticizing the Show Was ‘Disappointing’

      Related

      DeepSeek: Everything you need to know about the AI chatbot app | TechCrunch

      DeepSeek has gone viral. Chinese AI lab DeepSeek broke...

      Are Emily in Paris Star Lucas Bravo and Shailene Woodley Dating?

      Their own Parisian romance! Emily in Paris star...

      Protester interrupts Microsoft Copilot keynote, says company has ‘blood on its hands’ | TechCrunch

      A protester interrupted Microsoft’s Copilot-focused keynote Friday afternoon,...

      Justin Baldoni: Blake Lively & Ryan Reynolds Conspire Against Me!

      Reading Time: 3 minutes Justin Baldoni continues...

      Share


      Follow-up to this post

      Last year George R.R. Martin wrote a lengthy post complaining about the changes made to House of the Dragon. Some of these changes refer to what he calls the ‘butterfly effect’ in that they have greater repercussions down the line. The spoilery archived post is still here.

      Showrunner Ryan Condal responded with “I made every effort to include George in the adaptation process. I really did. Over years and years. And we really enjoyed a mutually fruitful, I thought, really strong collaboration for a long time. But at some point, as we got deeper down the road, he just became unwilling to acknowledge the practical issues at hand in a reasonable way. And I think as a showrunner, I have to keep my practical producer hat on and my creative writer, lover-of-the-material hat on at the same time.”

      “At the end of the day, I just have to keep marching not only the writing process forward, but also the practical parts of the process forward for the sake of the crew, the cast, and for HBO, because that’s my job,” he continued. “So I can only hope that George and I can rediscover that harmony someday. But that’s what I have to say about it.”

      In related news the third season is now in production.

      Twitter 2





      Source link