May20 , 2026

    Michael Jackson’s Child Molestation Trial to Be Revisited in New Netflix Docuseries

    Related

    Share


    Michael Jackson’s child molestation trial is going to be the subject of an upcoming docuseries.

    Netflix announced on Wednesday, May 20, that a three-part series titled Michael Jackson: The Verdict will be premiering on the platform on June 3. Michael Jackson: The Verdict will follow the late pop legend’s infamous 2005 trial.

    Michael Jackson: The Verdict is directed by Nick Green and executive produced by Fiona Stourton. The filmmakers told Netflix they were inspired to dive into the case and its lingering questions.

    “It has been 20 years since the trial of Michael Jackson in which he was found not guilty. Yet, to this day, controversy still rages,” the filmmakers said in a statement. “No cameras were allowed in court, and so the public’s view of the facts at the time were filtered by commentators and presented piecemeal. It was time to take a forensic look at the trial as a whole. Anyone interested in the Michael Jackson story should feel this documentary gives them a window into what was largely a closed event and a chance to feel closer to what happened.”

    Since cameras were not allowed in the courtroom during the trial, the documentary will feature individuals who were present at the time, including some jurors, eyewitnesses, and accusers and defenders. The filmmakers explained their decision to “only speak to eyewitnesses” from the trial to give viewers an “inside” look at the proceedings.

    Jackson, who died in 2009 at age 50, was accused of child sex abuse multiple times throughout his life. Jackson vehemently denied the claims while he was alive and his estate has continued to slam the allegations in the wake of his death.

    In 2003, the documentary Living with Michael Jackson, showed the singer holding hands with Gavin Arvizo, who claimed to be a victim of Jackson, alleging he was molested at age 13. Jackson also defended his practice of sharing his bed with children which ultimately triggered an investigation.


    Related: Michael Jackson Accused of Sexually Assaulting 4 Children in New Lawsuit

    Michael Jackson has been accused of sexual assault again in a new lawsuit. Four of Dominic and Connie Cascio’s children filed a lawsuit against Jackson’s estate, claiming the late pop icon repeatedly raped and molested them, according to court documents obtained by Us Weekly. Jackson had been friends with Dominic, who managed a luxury hotel […]

    In April 2004, Jackson was indicted on four counts of molesting a minor, four counts of intoxicating a minor to molest him, one count of attempted child molestation, one count of conspiring to hold the Arvizo family captive and conspiring to commit extortion and child abduction.

    The case went to trial the following year. In addition to hearing from the alleged victims, staff for Jackson’s Neverland Ranch testified against him. Several stars also took the stand in Jackson’s defense including Macaulay Culkin, Jay Leno, George Lopez and more.

    After deliberating for a week, the jury ultimately found Jackson not guilty and acquitted him on all the charges.

    Michael Jackson: The Verdict premieres on Wednesday, June 3, on Netflix.



    Source link